Vietnam tourist visa process: It’s simple and fully online
Hanoi (TAN): For the citizens of as many as 80 countries (as of February 2019), getting a Vietnam tourist visa is fairly simple and can be done online.
Here is all you need to know to get a single-entry Vietnam tourist visa for 30 days.
You can apply for the visa online if you are a citizen of one of the following 80 countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau passports)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Salomon Islands
- San Marino
- South Korea
- Timor Leste
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Western Samoa.
Now that you know you are eligible, there are a few other things that you need. These are:
- A passport with six months’ validity
- A photo in jpg format of your passport information page
- A passport-sized photo in jpg format (white background, without glasses)
- A valid international credit or debit card
- An email address
- A temporary address within Vietnam (the address of a booked hotel will do)
- Your ports of entry and exit along with dates
Now that you have all the information you need, all you have to do is log on to the Vietnam e-visa official website. Enter all the information requested and upload the required documents. Once done, pay the USD 25 visa fee and you will receive a registration number that you need to save.
The visa requires three working days to process. After three days, you can search for your visa here.
Enter the registration and other requested details to gain access to your visa. Download the visa and take a printout while travelling.
The e-Visa is valid for entry at 28 international checkpoints in Vietnam. The immigration officer will want to see the e-visa along with your passport at the entry point.
With such a simple visa process, what’s keeping you for visiting this wonderful country?