June 20 (TravelAndy): Holidaymakers are returning to Tunisia three years after two terrorist attacks hit the industry hard.
Around 2.3 million tourists visited Tunisia between January 1 to May 20, 2018, an increase of 21.8 per cent from the same period last year, said The New Arab referring to government figures.
“We aim to receive eight million tourists this year with strong booking rates from European customers and other new customers,” tourism minister Salma Loumi had said in February. Continue reading Tunisia tourism industry in recovery mode
February 22 (TravelAndy): International tourists are returning to Tunisia after a lull since the 2015 terrorist attacks that killed 60 visitors.
“We aim to receive eight million tourists this year with strong booking rates from European customers and other new customers,” reports quoted the country’s tourism minister Salma Loumi as saying. “The return of British tourist is very good signal for us.”
In 2015, a gun attack on a Sousse beach left 39 tourist dead and another attack at the Bardo National Museum in Tunis that killed 21. The country’s tourism sector took a big hit after that as major European tour operators withdrew their tours. Continue reading Fears abate, tourists return to Tunisia